Thursday, September 13, 2007

Birthday book . . .

. . . Janet Edmonds: Beginner's Guide to Embroidered Boxes, Search Press, was a present from a daughter back in July. So in spite of other pressing tasks I had to try something out and came up with this small variation on the first one in the book. I've done it 4-sided instead of 5.





It is made with felt, pelmet vilene and bits and pieces fabric with sheer overlays. Free machine stitched. I think it is rather cute and will have to make some of the other shapes in the book eventually. I can handle this sort of 'soft' box but not the sort where you have to lace fabric over stiff card, though I do admire those when I see them.








2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

The box is awesome! Love the colors and textures and it looks great as a 4-sided box also!

Lynne said...

This looks really lovely!