Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sunshine . . .

. . . in the sky again, thank goodness, and in a cyberfriend's generosity.  Mandy of Crazy Daisy blog has given me, along with 11 others, a Sunshine Award!  Read all about it on her blog, February 6th and the previous post.  Mandy is a great knitter and also does some unusual bits of embroidery.  And she has a nice cat!  Thank you very much, Mandy!

And at long last I am getting together a patchwork quilt for a granddaughter, and you could say there is something sunshiney about the middle section.  She likes yellow apparently.  Ok, I'm stretching things a bit!

It is pegged up on curtains over the shelves in my workroom.  It is quite a while since I did some straightforward patchwork, or made something bed-sized.

Today I got a border round it, made the backing, layered it all up on the table (useful 5 foot square, made by DH from 2 old doors) and tacked it.  So just the quilting to do now (by machine), and some edging which will probably be some facing strips.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Enjoy the award, Barbara. Thanks for your comment on my Blog.
Don't worry about whatever a recipient needs to do.

Mandy said...

The quilt will look wonderful when it is finished.