Friday, November 03, 2006

Red and green in stitches


Time for a bit more textile work . . . a couple of hangings I made a while back, influenced by all the reds and greens, and by shapes in Indian pieces.














(Be nice if blogger would arrange the pics tidily)


(Oh, perhaps it has)

I also made a traditional sampler patchwork quilt in reds and greens, which our eldest daughter decided she couldn't live without and I handed it over. But she did then pick some nice green paint for her bedroom to go with it! Any photo I have of it may date from my pre-digital camera days, so it may take a while to find. Watch this space.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I like the banners. The colours are really rich too. Its rather interesting to see the way you have stitched these too.
Nice to see red and green together.

crazyQstitcher said...

What beautiful wall hangings