Monday, July 23, 2007

A flourish of flowers . .

. . . to mark my return to regular blogging. This is the last local place we visited before moving, Dunge Valley Gardens, in Derbyshire, not far from Whaley Bridge. Its a small narrow valley, cultivated by its owners over some years, and planted with wonderful rhododendrons and azaleas in particular, with pines and deciduous trees too. It is small but beautiful. (Excellent tea room as well!) So sit back, and enjoy the view.










My meconopsis (himalayan poppies) didn't survive into this season, but we saw some here.


I've still not done enough stitching to photograph, but I am scratching the surface of Sharon B's TAST still. All our systems seem to be working ok now, so I shall catch up eventually.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What glorious gardens Barbara. Thanks for sharing - especially the meconopsis, they are a beautiful flower and such a lovely colour. Welcome back too! Hope you've settled in well to your new home.