We did a mini workshop at Crooked Boro' Quilters last month, making fabric postcards. I focussed on 2 kinds, the strippy ones (see earlier posts for pix) and an appliqué one (see below). Both ideas were tried. The idea in this one is to use a print strip and pick up the colours in it for the other pieces - thus yellowy top strip, purples for flowers, green stems, couched thread and stitching. Its a way of linking it all together, promotes a pleasing feel.
I also did this one, another in the 'palm tree' series, as a demo, and some made this design. I finished it off yesterday. Hopefully there will be a nice show n' tell at a future meeting!
When Beverley Wood (see earlier post) came to WCE in Feb. we made a piece of crazy-like patchwork by piecing, cutting up and joining, stitching and embellishing, and eventually I turned my bit into 3 postcards.