Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bit more stitching . .

Rust seems to be all the rage these days so I thought I'd have a go. DH has been making items of garden furniture out of reclaimed wood and had a lot of rusty nails lying around. I wrappedsome up in a piece of calico and left it in a wet heap in the garden. Then promptly forgot about it. Eventually I had a look at it and this is the result.

These two pieces are indulging my delight in running stitch and fragments of fabric.

2 small needle books and 2 notebooks, using up some of my stash of free machine embroidery samples.
Ditto, 2 postcards . .
. . . and 2 more postcards. Straight stitching this time, on left, appliqué, on right disguising an 'ugly' fabric.
And a notebook cover. Very cheap notebook from Tesco. When I went to get some more, thinking, a good fundraiser here, there hadn't any!

1 comment:

Tiggy Rawling said...

Catching up. Loved your pix of Cornwall, your Chelsea garden, painting, and rust. Inspirational.