Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Completing the red and green story . . .



Confession - the 'Lowry' in the previous post was taken on a foggy Boxing Day morning 3 days later! Sorry.

But back to stitching, and the red and green sampler quilt I mentioned in an earlier post - it was the daughter who got it off me we were spending Christmas with, so there was a chance to take a digital photo , plus Clyde the cat for colour contrast! The quilt fits a king-size bed. It has 25 x 14" blocks and a border.

I followed Lynne Edwards' measurements and basic instructions from her 2 books on sampler quilts, used blocks from them and some magazines, and some I invented.

I used the 'quilt-as-you-go' method, making up each block sandwich and quilting it, by hand, or by machine, then joining them.

No comments: