Thursday, May 31, 2007

TAST latest


Our pc is still in a very ropey state, crashing frequently, so, briefly - butterfly chain, buttonhole with crossed legs and satin stitch. We are moving house in 2 weeks and my creative powers are very weak at the moment, so my samples are very cursory. I will catch up properly during the summer, I am confident. [Sorry, I wrote all this while waiting for pix to load, but I give up, blogger just will not load any more pix for me, so Tast must wait till next time.]

The fourth [only!] pic is kantha work, done at an EG workshop last week. It is all running stitch, each line taking its position from the line above in the coloured areas, and worked to fill the space and join layers in the background. There'll be more pix on silktownstitchers when I can get at it. The workshop was done by Rubina Porter, who visits Bangla Desh a lot supporting work at Sreepur caring for orphans and helping women to earn a living.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Barbara, thanks for posting your kantha work. It looks wonderful. I love way you used colors and the angles of the stitches.

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

A very great idea. I like your elephant.

crazyQstitcher said...

I am in awe of your Kantha elephant. It's wonderful
Maureen