Sunday, July 30, 2006

Roses on the Patio


Earlier in the month I was buying roses. Its not the best time to do that but I like to try, and some years I've still found nice ones. This time I couldn't make up my mind, so I bought these two.

The reason for it is that my Mum died 10 years ago this month and she loved roses. Its a way of remembering her. We moved to our present home 11 years ago, along with Mum, and she brought several rose bushes with her. They are still surviving, and blooming.


These two bushes came home from the garden centre a mass of buds. I took the pics on 25th, and today I was dead-heading them. There's been so much sun, and its been so hot they haven't lasted long. But they have been lovely, with the bonus of a gentle scent.

The way the petals spiral round in the centre flower is amazing, so precise, so beautiful.

No comments: