Monday, October 22, 2007

Pinks and greens . . .

Each time a new baby arrives in our family I make him/her (mostly her) a small quilt for lying on the floor under the baby gym. The latest one, Leila, arrived in July but I forgot all about the quilt. We're visiting them soon so hurriedly this one was put together. it has bunnies and things in sleepsuits in the centre squares. And in the search for interesting colour combinations which I sometimes indulge in, this grabbed my attention - green peppers and sort of pinky-red onions being stir-fried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely colours! leila looking forward to seeing it for real next week! love Rachel

verobirdie said...

I admire the ladies who can make a baby quilt in a couple of days, or even hours. It takes me ages. I'm sure the baby's mother will be thrilled.
I like your bowl. We made some at one of our Xmas pachwork gathering. Mine ended as a hat on my head ... It was fun to make, in more than one aspect...